These richly colored face masks begin their journey as new fabric hand woven by members of a women’s cooperative in the Guatemalan highlands. We work with these artisan weavers to bring their art and rich imagery to the fabrics we use. Custom fabrics are then sent on to a small family-run sewing shop outside Chichicastenango, Guatemala, where they cut, fold and sew to transform the material into a vivid, functional mask for you to wear. By setting their own wages and prices, weavers and sewers have the opportunity to express their creativity while carrying on the tradition of weaving and earning a fair wage.
Let's overcome this pandemic together, and add fabulous to “function and form.”
- Artisanal weave fabric on exterior - mirror your vibrant smile and sparkling eyes
- 100% cotton lining on interior - for comfort next to your skin
- Hidden pocket to place a filter (optional, not included)
- Elastic ear straps
- Side pleats (4) enhance comfort and fit
- One size fits most
Our reusable face masks are not medical grade and can not guarantee illness prevention. They have been handmade per the CDC requirements.
HOW TO WASH
- Place in a laundry bag or pillowcase and machine wash in warm water
- Air dry only